The Power of Screen Fatigue Resets
The next time you spend more than a couple hours in front of your computer or smartphone, take a pause. What do you feel?
Eye strain or burning behind your lids? 👀
A stiff jaw, tight shoulders, or a cricked neck? 🙅
Ache in your upper or lower back? 👩💻
Numbness or pain in your hips or legs?🦵
Ache in your fingers or hands? 🙌
How's your brain? 🧠
Does it feel a little sluggish, little anxious, maybe a bit irritated?
Are your thoughts a bit hazy?
Technology is wonderful for many aspects of our lives, but screen time can wreak havoc on our bodies if left unchecked.
Luckily, it only takes a few minutes to press the reset button and feel refreshed again.
When you do a reset once, you'll feel the benefits immediately.
When you commit to doing them regularly (after every 2 hours of screentime), you'll begin to see the longterm benefits for both your health and your productivity!
Are you an educator or a student? We're happy to provide this program at a discounted price. Please sign up using an email address from your educational institution.
(The signup links are at the top of this page!)
- 🔍 Table of Contents
- Screen Fatigue Reset 1: Reset your Eyes to Reset your System
- Screen Fatigue Reset 2: Turning Away (Eyes, Neck and Brain)
- Screen Fatigue Reset 3: Adding Shoulders and Hands to the Reset
- Screen Fatigue Reset 4: Unstick the Shoulders
- Screen Fatigue Reset 5: A Refreshing Two Things at Once
- Screen Fatigue Reset 6: Free the Shoulders
- Screen Fatigue Reset 7: Free the Neck with the Shoulders
- Screen Fatigue Reset 8: Up and Down to Reset Center
- 9: Supporting the Arms with the Chest and Breath
- 10: Open the Hips
- 11: Open Hips, Swing Head & Eyes
- 12: Dropping Arms to Release Elbows
- 13: Relaxing Back to Support Hands and Arms
- 14: Circling Head and Eyes
- 15: Circling Head with Closed Eyes
- 16: A Good Screw Up
- 17: Rotation Lengthening in Sitting
- 18: Roll Down, Roll Up, Reset to Middle
- 19: Softening the Eyes
- 20: Allowing Vision to Come to You
- 21: Breathing, In 4 Parts
- 23: Breathing; Diaphragm and Chest
- 22: Breathing; The Beauty of Heisenberg
- 24: Breathing in 360
- 25: Breathing; the Hands and Wrists Float on the Air
- 26: Moving with the Breath
- 27: Finger Rolls Reset Wrists
- 28: Crane Wing Breathing
- 29: Turn and Lift
- 30: Up the Center Line
- 31: Neck: Bend and Lengthen
- 32: Turning Into Something New
- 33: Relax and Expand Your Vision
- 34: Seeing the Big Picture
- 35: Details and the Whole
- 36: Seeing Without Looking
Balanced Movement Online brings you on-demand, online modules for endurance athletes with same mindful attention, integrative, and learning-based approach to movement and health that we offer in-person at Balanced Movement Studio in Carrboro, North Carolina.